This website is provided as a courtesy by Fairleigh Dickinson University. Pages are maintained by externship sites. FDU is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained here. If you find out-of-date or incorrect information, please inform the externship site. Most provide an email address or a website for accessing contact information.
Table of Contents
To visit the complete list of practicum sites currently available, click HERE
Log In Information
If you are a new externship director and want to create an account for editing purposes, you can contact us HERE.
If you are an existing externship director and lose your log in information, please use the following steps:
For your user name:
- In the toolbox menu to the left, click on Special pages.
- Under Users and rights, click on User list.
- Search for your user name. It will almost always be your first initial and last name. Pay attention to its capitalization: user names are case sensitive on wikis!!
For your password:
- Click on the log in link at the top right corner of the window.
- Click on the Forgotten your login details link.
- Enter your user name and click on E-mail new password. This will be sent to the email address from which you first requested an account. Your password is also case sensitive!!
To search for specific activities, you can enter search terms such as child or neuropsych in the Search box at the left. However, it is recommended you search using Google or another search engine instead. For example, you can use this Google search to identify all pages that refer to children: site:psychpracticum.fdu.edu child.
Externship Applications and Acceptances
The Psychology Directors of New York State (PSYDNYS) and the New York New Jersey Association of Directors of Training (NYNJADOT) have developed guidelines to govern the process of applying to externships and accepting internship offers. The guidelines are available HERE. The list of training directors/externship coordinators for the doctoral programs may be found HERE.
If you are a student and believe you have been treated unfairly or inappropriately by an externship site, you can report complaints or problems to us HERE
As externships select externs for the current academic year, they should update the status of the process on THIS PAGE. Students can use this page to identify sites that are still accepting applications or that have completed the selection process. Warning: Sites are responsible for updating this information, so information may not be accurate.
To Edit Pages
If you are editing and want to learn more about formatting in the wiki, visit HERE.